Typically a type of transaction, an escrow is when one party makes a transaction with another party, using a third party to arbitrate the exchange.
Escrows in Computer Science
Escrows are a useful tool in database technology. The study of escrow transactions in database executions and other data-based transactions requires much simulation and either a continuous muttering of "escrow" or loud proclamations of "ESCROW!" When this process is applied by course 6 seniors, usually some type of thesis is produced. These course 6 seniors usually require guidance by some manifestation of John Escrow.
Forms of Use
Entry: escrow v.
Inflected forms: -s, -ed, -ing
- To give something to someone/something else via one or more third parties. Hall Chairs escrow all reimbursements from slugs to SAO
- To take something from someone/something else via one or more third parties Bobby escrows DONLANs from SAPWeb
- To make any type of transaction. I escrowed some pizza from building 10. Roger escrows his data from the internets.
Entry: in escrow adj.
- Transacted Rather than "the check is in the mail" use "the check is in escrow."
Entry: escrow n.
Inflected forms: -s
- Either a transaction/exchange, or something that can be abstracted to one. Thunderbird is a great email escrow
Entry: direct escrow v.
- To perform an escrow transaction in which the third party is omitted. See also two party escrow. Can you direct escrow me the data enabler?