Difference between revisions of "Hall Party S2006"
m (6 revisions imported)
Latest revision as of 22:28, 25 August 2015
- awesome decorations
- themed food
- themed music
- ... we have $300 to play with
The Alcohol Decision
Yes. We took a vote; it ended up 5-12 for, with many abstentions.
- The alcohol shouldn't be the whole point, just an aspect
- Keep track of how much people have had by writing on the hand
- Dilute w/ ice & making frilly drinks
- We have volunteers from Putz who are compotent at this & willing to help us
- Christian coordinating with help from Pia
- themed & standard
- belly dancing contest and/or lesson --> Prizes? bobbling hula girls, lava lamps. (Nara's friend Rae?)
- awesome food (see below)
- fortune telling (Nara with backup from Chieu)
- Henna-ing (Pia with backup from Emily & Spam)
- making fun of drunk people
- Mohammad-mocking cartoon contest
- Anything involving smoking
- Pin The Tail On Crown Price Abdullah (Andrew)
- James will coordinate
- hummus/pita chips (Esteban)
- falafel (Spam)
- fruit --> grapes!, dates, figs (Emily)
- rose syrup for drinks (Pia)
- ... and "normal food" --> chips & dip, cookies, chex mix
- tabouli/couscous??? potential problems because of: cost, disposal, serving. (Spam)
- Mango punch something
- More research! More ideas!
- Spam will coordinate with backup from Jenn & Emily & Pia & Esteban (declared the Manliest Man Ever)
* need to be careful about people leaning, bumping, tearing, batting * ceilings in lounges primarily
- Lounge marketplace
- Stars for ceiling
- Desert theming
- Balance between reusability & disposability
- Cocoa based drinks
Prep & Cleanup
- James coordinating
- Get technology out of lounges and into safe places
- Ruth has volunteered her room for storage
- Posters -- Andrew coordinating
- Esteban coordinating
- The obvious
What goes where?
- Benefits of Goodale lounge -- not carpeted, larger
- Activities at ends of hallways. *But* can't block fire escape, so no tables in deep goodale. So mostly deep walcott.
- Alcohol in Bemis bathroom
- Bemis = desert
- Food in Goodale lounge -- move Athena stations temporarily, food against wall?
- Close off kitchen
Issues to figure out
- What if we have too many people? ==> "bouncers", we need to recruit from elsewhere?