Difference between revisions of "Phad Thai"
m (9 revisions imported)
Latest revision as of 22:29, 25 August 2015
- 300g (10oz) fresh rice noodles (1 packet), soaked in hot water for 15 minutes.
- 3 Tablespoons of oil
- 5 medium cloves of garlic
- 4 dried shrimp, very finely chopped
- 2 eggs - beaten
- I Chicken Breast cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons of roasted peanuts
- 4 stalks of scallions
- 1 cup of bean sprouts
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup tofu, cut into cubes
- 3-4 tablespoons of sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of tamarind juice
(make sure noodles have soaked at least 15 minutes)
Fry the tofu until crisp. Then add garlic, chicken, and dried shrimp . Fry until the garlic turns golden brown and the chicken is mostly cooked. Then add the rice noodles. Keep at a high heat. Keep frying until the residual water mostly evaporates. At this point, sample the noodles for doneness. If they are still quite uncooked, add some water. When you feel they are mostly cooked, add the sauce. Fry a bit. Then push the noodles to the side, and crack the egg into the Wok. Wait until it solidifies, and then turn into the noodles. Turn down the heat and add the bean sprouts and green onions. Turn off the heat.